The Master's Program covers the following issues:
1. Biodiversity — from molecular genetics to population and ecosystem level;
2. Biodiversity of plants, fungi and animals;
3. Relicts and endemic species — living witnesses of past epochs;
4. Adventitious species: a threat to native (autochthonous) biodiversity or its completion?
5. Biodiversity in a changing climate and under the human impact; Program highlights:
-Several polygons for studying biodiversity: Biological station, Botanical gardens, Zoological Museum, Herbarium, Expeditions, university labs.
-Unique opportunities for studying different types of natural communities in different climatic zones within one region Career opportunities:
research and project institutions dealing with biology, ecology, biotechnology, agriculture and environmental services.Program advantages:
The program is realized at the Department of Biodiversity and Bioecology that has a strong cooperation with the Institute of Plant and Animal Ecology, Russian Academy of Sciences, bringing together fundamental education and practical application of knowledge. Both university professors, postdocs and principal investigators from the Academy of Sciences supervise students on their studies.
Moreover, the Ural region as a polygon for studies of biodiversity on the border of natural ecosystems (altitudinal and latitudinal gradients, eastern-western slopes, lakes and rivers, swamps and meadows, coniferous and deciduous forests, steppes and tundra). As several climatic zones cross the whole territory, there are northern and southern borders of many biological species distribution.Link to the programme website: https://programms.edu.urfu.ru/en/9911/Duration of study — 2 academic years
Tuition fee — approx. $2200 per year